Monday, May 18, 2009

Thankful

So, I realize that it has been almost a month since the last blog update. There has been a lot going on in my life. Some of which I feel comfortable sharing and some of which I don't, yet. :-)

I finished the spring semester of school last week! I wasn't sure how well I would finish, I'm still waiting to hear about my grade in one class. But so far, I've passed them and am still on track to graduate in December. God is so good! I start my practicum and summer class in a week.

I was actually failing one class throughout the semester and only became aware that fact in the last month of the course. A couple simple mistakes landed me in that situation and I never seemed able to catch up, until the very end when God provided everything required to finish and showed me grace in the situation.

I spent much time in the last month crying about multiple relationships and seeking God through the challenges in my path. While I am still without some answers to big questions that continue to puzzle me, I have a new sense of peace and calm about the situations. I don't feel like I'm in the midst of a great storm anymore! Every so often, a big wave will seem to come at me and while I may momentarily lose my balance, the peace remains.

I'm so thankful for the work He's doing in my life, for the areas He continues to reveal that need improvement. But mostly, I'm thankful for the peace that comes from learning how to truly trust Him. I've also learned how to have faith that He continues to work in my life, molding me into the person He designed me to be!

2 comments:

willblatt said...

It's amazing how we all seem to be put into a refiner's fire daily. Even with all the pain and anguish, pushing and pulling...when everything is said and done, we are better people for it!

jessica said...

Sorry, the above comment is mine, I accidentally left it as my husbands...oops!