Friday, January 30, 2009

Master of...

Procrastination! I've had all week to do my readings and coursework, yet here I sit trying to cram it into one day. Next week will be better! It always takes me a couple days/weeks to get back into the swing of being in school. This semester is looking like it will be pretty demanding of my time, more so than last semester. I also have to weigh what to do this summer. I need to have fieldwork experience, but may also have to take a second class with it. Do I stay and graduate next May (2010) or try to be done in less than a year from now (Dec 2009)? Too many things to think about. Today, I just need to post for class and get it over with!

I'm still procrastinating by blogging instead of writing for my classes. :-) But at the moment, I need a mental break. I've had a lot on my mind this week, which has significantly contributed to my procrastination. I don't really feel like going into all of that right now, but it's been a strange week. I've contacted old friends out of nowhere and am overdue in responding to others. I'll get back to you, I promise!

For those who've asked, I am sleeping better now. The solution is somewhat childish, but it works. That day will probably haunt me for a while, the way my dad's last weekend haunted me. But, I have a peace about it that I didn't have a couple weeks ago.

One friend "kidnapped" me for lunch this week and it was really great! We sat and chatted, catching up. I wasn't permitted to bs my way out anything (though I certainly tried). So many of you have been patient and understanding with me. This particular friend was just what I needed that day as they said, "I know you'll come out of your bubble when you're ready; in the meantime, I'm here for you." This little push to rejoin society and let me know how much they care meant so much to me! When left to my own devices, it takes me a long time to emerge from my bubble, but gentle tugs from friends are so welcome. Trust me, I'll let you know if I really want to hideout from the world!

Before I forget, you should check out my friend Angela's blog! She came over Monday and sketched the cats for her portfolio. She's so extremely talented and her blog is full of interesting art things going on, that I'm completely oblivious to without her!

Alright, I'm going to work on school stuff...really! ;-)

No comments: