Sunday, January 4, 2009

A New Year
















Well, its been almost a month since my last post. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and New Year's!

For those who haven't yet heard, my grandmother passed away a couple days before Christmas. We didn't feel like celebrating the holidays, though we did once we were back in Colorado. Much of the family was present when she passed, including me. To be honest, I wanted to be there and I'm glad I was; however, it was more traumatic for me than I thought it would be. I won't go into graphic details, but I've had a difficult time sleeping. Earlier on the day she passed away, I watched a spooky German movie from 1936 about an insane criminal who died and then possessed the body of his doctor; I don't think that movie has helped me sleep. Late at night, my brain combines the two experiences into one and I have awful nightmares about it all. And people ask why I don't watch scary movies...

In other news, my brother is staying with us for a couple of weeks. It's nice to have him here, though a 2 bedroom condo with 3 people and 4 cats is a little crowded. He brought the complete series of a Japanese drama/comedy for all of us to watch together. It's entertaining and we've enjoyed the show. He's had to explain quite a bit about little things, like what food is being eaten in various scenes and the show "25" the protagonist keeps watching. Last night we were fascinated that an entire episode revolved around fireworks and the best place from which to view them in the city.

I finished my first semester of library school! My grades are better than I anticipated and it's nice to have part of it done! Spring semester classes start later this month, one professor already has a class section posted. I thought I struggled with some portions of the curriculum last semester, one whole required class this coming semester is on an area I don't understand at all. That ought to be fun! ;-)

Ohio State is playing Texas tomorrow in the Fiesta Bowl-OSU really needs to win! That also means I need to make buckeyes for us to eat while we watch the game. Guess how I'm spending a portion of my day.

For those who've known about my family, thank you for being so supportive and patient with me the last couple of weeks. I know I've been more and more in my shell lately. I appreciate how you've continued to reach out to me even when I take a couple days to return phone calls and haven't felt like rejoining the world. I made it to church and Bible study today; I'm hoping that will help me get back into my routine.

I think that's all for now. I'm off to try and get some rest! Have a wonderful week!

No comments: