Wednesday, August 13, 2008

DIY!




My dad would be so proud of my mom and me! Boo managed to destroy the carpet over the last couple of years and we decided that it needs to be replaced as soon as possible.

In the course of an afternoon and evening, we removed all the carpet in the living/dining room and I removed all the tacking strips (for safety)! I used a flathead screwdriver and hammer to get the tacking out of the concrete subfloor.

Due to the damage Boo caused to the subfloor, we have to remove all the rest of the carpet ourselves as well. We need to seal the damage before new carpet is installed and the carpet installers won't deal with pet stains.

Guess how I'm spending the next couple of weekends?

Watching all those home DIY shows with my dad for years finally paid off! :)

1 comment:

jessica said...

Colleen, I'm so glad I found your blog. You go girl! I'm all about DIY. It feels so good to know that you fixed or created something.