Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Movies

So, anyone who knows me knows I love old movies from Hollywood's Golden Era. Turner Classic Movies is spending the entire month of August devoting one whole day to a single star. A couple days ago Claude Rains was the star. They showed Now Voyager; it's a fantastic movie also starring Bette Davis.

There's something about ugly duckling movies that has always appealed to me. Maybe it's because I see myself as an ugly duckling. I don't always fit into other people's idea of what I should be. This isn't bad, it just makes for a sometimes exciting but lonely existence. It also has taken me a while to figure out that it only bothers me as much as I let it bother me. However, I think I'm finally moving out of seeing myself as an ugly duckling and becoming the unique person I'm supposed to be.

That's enough deep thinking for a Friday afternoon! I'm so excited about seeing my friends from the Fort tomorrow and discussing the women's retreat for this fall with them!!!

No comments: