Sunday, November 9, 2008

Poor Posie


Posie is half Siamese and half tabby cat. While she looks more like a tabby, I'm convinced her personality is more Siamese. She operates with all these rules that I'm left to figure out based solely on her behavior. At least she makes it interesting!

One of her rules is that I must personally tell her goodbye when I leave the house. If I don't, she gets very upset and walks around looking for me and meowing (my mom told me this a couple years ago). She makes sure to snub me when I do return home, if I haven't followed this rule. She also has a head-butting greeting ritual she insists we follow whenever I walk in the front door.

I was out running errands yesterday afternoon and then had plans for the evening. I thought I would have time between the two and be home for a while in the afternoon; however, the errands took longer than anticipated and I had to come home, change, and leave right away again. I made sure to properly greet Po when I got home and I properly told her goodbye again.

Apparently, following her rules wasn't suitable to Posie last night, she just wanted me home. When I did return home, she greeted me in her normal fashion. My mom instantly asked me why I didn't tell Po goodbye when I left. Then I heard that Po sat in the living room and meowed in the most pitiful kitty cry my mom had ever heard from the time I walked out the door until I returned, hours later. This strange behavior continued for the rest of the night whenever I was out of her sight.

As I write this, she's currently sleeping on my arms-yes on-as in across them. My hands are starting to fall asleep with an 11 pound cat on them. I'm pretty sure she thinks I belong to her.

She's just a little bit of a diva, don't you think? ;-) Poor Posie, she's had a rough weekend...

No comments: